Suspect missing after being abducted from police cell in Lagos by masked men

26-year-old musician, Waidi Kabiru, was on Sunday, November 23,
reportedly abducted from Igbogbo Police Station, Lagos State, by a
three-man gang. According to Punch, the three man gang wore reportedly
masks, sneaked into the station around 1am on Sunday and bundled him
out of the cell.


The state police command confirmed that Waidi, was arrested on Friday,
November 21. but said he had been released on bail. The command,
however, did not disclose the surety to whom the youth was released.

Waidi's father, Mr. Bisiriyu Kabiru, said he had been visiting his son
since he was arrested on Friday but that he had gone to the station to
give him food on Sunday only to be told that he was no longer inside
the cell.
He said:

"He called me on the phone around 9am on Friday that he was
arrested during a raid and I went to the station to see him. One of
the policemen I met asked me how much I had to bail him out and I said
N4,000. But he told me it wasn't enough and I left. I later came back
with N5,000, but I was told that the DPO had taken over the case.

"On Saturday, I brought food for him (Waidi) at the station and
was there till the evening, trying to secure his bail. When I got
there on Sunday to give him food, the policemen at the counter said he
had gone out with the DPO. But I was not allowed to see the DPO. I
later learnt that he was whisked out of the cell early Sunday morning
by three men who were masked. It was on Monday that I decided to
inform his mother."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boko haram siezes lake Chad from Nigerian army

Bollywood icon Irrfan Khan dies aged 54