CHAPTER NINETEEN, CARE

 


"Chrusciki and I don't even know how to prepare it," Camilo replied to him.

"How can you when you've never been in the kitchen before? You and Dad are just obsessed about opening the biggest companies in the world." Elio said after he finished laughing at him.

"If you going to make fun of me then please leave the kitchen. I wonder what even brought you here." Camilo said getting angry. Elio knew that his words always angered his brother but this was fun for him, he enjoyed torturing Camilo."

"If I leave the kitchen then you will never make that chrusciki," Elio said to him and pushed Camilo from the cooker.

"Let the professional who attends culinary class handle it," Elio said as he stood before the cooker.

"What will I be doing?" Camilo asked him.

"Assist me when needed," Elio replied and smiled. They both got to work to make angel wings for Miss Mylar.

"Elio keeps making me sad." Mrs Emelda said as she lay on the bed with her head on Mr Julian's chest.

"What did he do this time?" Mr Julian asked and she told him.

"He hates me, he stops me from talking to him, unlike Camilo who adores me and sees me as his mom."

"You should try harder." Mr Julian said.

"I am trying." She said sharply getting a bit upset.

"Then just let him be. Soon he will like you when I introduce you to them as their mom." Mr Julian said to her.

"You think so?" She asked with a smile.

"I am certain." Mr Julian replied and kissed her on her head.

"Whoah, we are done," Elio said as he handed the bowl filled with angel cookies to Camilo.

Camilo smiled, he was happy that his ego had been saved but now to thank Elio was his issue. He has never thanked him for anything before.

"Is there something you want to say? To me?" Elio asked waiting for Camilo to show his appreciation.

"Umm... um... umm." Camilo stammered and Elio watched him.

"A simple thank can't come out of Mr Camilo Wylder's mouth." Elio thought to himself. Since Camilo wasn't going to speak, Elio made his way out of the kitchen.

"What am I doing? He deserves a thanks from me." Camilo thought to himself.

"Wait Elio." He called as he ran after Elio, when he got close to him, he grabbed Elio's arm.

"Thanks, Elio. I owe you one." Camilo thanked him with a smile.

"See, it's not that hard," Elio said and pushed Camilo's hands from his arm and with his usual cute smile he went away.

"Not that hard?" Camilo asked himself, he found Elio's words strange.

Mrs Emelda hid behind the pillar until she saw Elio walk passed her.

"Oh thank God." She said and breathed out a sigh of relief.

She left Mr Julian's room and was on her way to hers, she was on the staircase going downstairs when she heard Camilo calling out to Elio. She quickly ran back upstairs and hid behind one of the pillars.

"Why would Camilo say thank you to Elio? I thought they hated each other." She wondered.

She waited for Camilo to also pass by before she tiptoed downstairs to her room.

"Here is your Chrusciki," Camilo said and placed the bowl of cookies on the table, Mylar was surprised.

"I didn't think he could make it." She said to herself.

"Thanks." She said as she got up to a sitting position, it looked so delicious. She picked one and put it into her mouth, she chewed slowly, relishing the amazing taste in her mouth.

"Wow, this is so delicious." Mylar's said her face lit up in happiness.

"I told you that I will do whatever you ask me to." Camilo started talking, bragging as usual.

"Well, thanks." She said and continued munching her angel wings. Camilo watched her with a smile on his face and he thought to himself.

"Elio did deserve more than my stupid thank you."

"Would you like to join me?" Mylar asked and Camilo quickly agreed, he picked one and took a bite, it tasted really good. He picked more and they went on eating.

After a while, they finished up the entire bowl of chrusciki and Camilo offered to take the bowl to the kitchen but Mylar stopped him.

"It's late, why don't you just keep the bowl on the table." He smiled at her, something was going on with him. Even the smallest kindness she showed him made his heart flutter, causing an absence of tranquility. It was a strange yet beautiful feeling.

Mylar looked at him for a while and thought to herself. "I wonder why the sudden change of heart, he has suddenly become nice."

That night they slept peacefully without any fights or petty arguments and their lives went on that way, they didn't argue with each other anymore and they became more loving and understanding toward themselves.

Mr Julian kept receiving threatening gifts, and messages from the same man and kept looking for ways to stop it.

Good morning everyone!!! Mylar shouted excitedly. There was only Mrs Camila and Elio seated in the living room.

"Two people but they are still everyone." She said and went to Elio who was so busy with the documents before him and his laptop that he didn't even notice her.

"Hey Elio, you look worried, is there something wrong with you?" She asked after she sat next to him. When he didn't reply, she pinched him and he shouted in pain.

"Owch, what did you do that for?" He asked and rubbed the place she pinched with his hand.

"You seem to be worried about something, so what is it?" Mylar asked. Elio looked at her for a while and then replied.

"You are looking much more beautiful these past few days."

"Yes I know and it's all thanks to your once annoying now sweet brother Mr. Camilo Wylder," Mylar said and then realized what Elio was trying to do.

"Don't try to change the topic," Mylar warned sternly.

"Fine," Elio replied seeing that she was being serious. She raised her brows in an angry way when he didn't say anything for a while, so he quickly started talking.

"My dad gave me just three months to try and build my cosmetic and modeling company to be like that of Fenty or even more than Fenty. Two months has elapsed, now there's just a month left." Mylar listened attentively without saying anything to him.

"I am worried that I might end up failing," Elio said to her and then kept quiet. Mylar thought about it for a while but couldn't think of any solution.

"You don't need to crack your brain, it's fine. I just need to bring up a new way to promote my cosmetic products and lingerie." Elio said just to stop her from cracking her scull with too much thinking.

Mylar agreed with him and sat down. Then she suddenly started thinking about her friend Vida and how she had been jobless for months now.

"Vida's situation keeps worsening and I can't just sit back and watch her like this," Mylar said to herself.

"An idea," Mylar said and snapped her finger. Elio pushed his laptop aside to listen to her idea.

"What's the idea?" He asked, his ears attentive.

"Pregnant women modeling for your cosmetic products and lingerie," Mylar said with a big smile on her face but her smile vanished when she saw Elio's reaction to her idea, so she asked.

"Is it that bad?" Elio replied.

"No, it's a brilliant idea that I could not have thought of even if I spent three years thinking but what pregnant woman would want to model for me."

"Me," Mylar said so suddenly that Elio jumped up in fright.

"No that's not possible." Elio disagreed.

"Why? I have always wanted to be a model so this would be a dream come true." Mylar said to him.

"Okay then but do you think it will work?" Elio asked if he needed something or someone to assure him and to get rid of his fear. Mylar replied with a smile.

"But." She said and Elio asked.

"But what?"

"I want you to also hire Vida as one of your models because for months now she hasn't been working," Mylar replied.

"Why didn't you tell me about that before, is it because you guys don't see me as a friend anymore?" Elio asked a little upset.

"She didn't want to bother you," Mylar explained to him.

"But it's no bother at all," Elio shouted.

"Anyways consider her hired," Elio said with a smile and Mylar smiled too on hearing that.

"Thanks," Mylar said with a bigger smile.

"No, thank you for giving me a brilliant idea."

"Pregnant women wearing lingerie, that's super," Elio said with one out of his many cute smiles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHAPTER FIVE, HARD TIMES

Kogi Miss Independence set and ready to roll on October 1st(pics)