CHAPTER TWENTY, SAVE SOMEONE YOU LOVE

 


"Where is my grandchild?" Mrs Camila asked interrupting their conversation about the new idea.

"Your grandchild is coming to meet you soon, so just....relax," Mylar replied to her question with a smile.

"Are you sure?" Mrs Camila asked, her face reflecting a bit of sadness.

"I am so sure. You know I never lie to you right." Mylar asked her.

"Yes. Then I will go to my room and wait for my grandchild." Mrs Camila said and got up on her feet. She ran upstairs.

"I still can't believe how much you can handle my mom," Elio said to Mylar with admiration for her.

"Even I sometimes wonder how she can be such a superwoman." Someone said from behind them. It was Camilo, he came back from his run a while ago and came in through the back. He went and freshened up and that was when he decided to come downstairs.

"You are back early," Mylar said to him.

"Camilo keeps surprising me every day. I think he is getting into this family man thing." Elio said with a mocking smile.

"I will try not to get upset by whatever you say now," Camilo said he didn't want to keep behaving like a jerk before Mylar anymore. For some reason, he now wants to be a part of his child's life and to also be a responsible husband.

"Are you sure about that?" Elio asked with the same mocking smile on his face. Camilo continued to ignore him but after a while, he couldn't contain his anger anymore and burst out.

"Stop making that stupid face." He yelled at Elio.

"See, can't control your temper for some minutes," Elio said to him.

"You are an ass," Camilo yelled at him.

"Agreed but you are an asshole," Elio replied and got up. He quickly ran upstairs to his room.

"What were you both talking about?" Camilo asked Mylar.

Miss Emelda and Mr Julian continued with their secret love affair. Mylar was getting suspicious about Mrs Camila's mental illness.

Mrs Camila's condition was becoming worse than before and Mylar feared that if she didn't do anything about it, Mrs Camila might become incurable.

"Are you jealous of Elio?" Mylar asked when she noticed Camilo's reaction to what she told him.

"No, why would I be," Camilo shouted.

"Geez I only asked a question, don't be like that," Mylar said to him.

"Okay fine, let's be sincere. I am a bit jealous of him."

"And why is that?" Mylar asked him.

"I don't know, I just get jealous whenever I see him," Camilo replied, Mylar watched him with a bit of confusion and pity.

Elio scoffed and smiled as he watched his brother from upstairs.

"Jealous of me, instead of me being jealous of him," Elio whispered to himself and went back into his room after taking one more look at Camilo.

"Can I be the one to give mother-in-law her medicines from now on?" Mylar asked Mr Julian suddenly when she saw him going out.

His face went pale, he was shocked by Mylar's sudden interest in giving Mrs Camila her medicines.

"Emelda, sorry Miss Emelda is handling that and she's doing a very good job." He quickly said to her but Mylar insisted.

"I know but I feel a sense of responsibility towards my mother-in-law, so please don't stop me from fulfilling it."

"Well, I still need to speak to Miss Emelda about this because it would hurt her feelings." Mr Julian said and Mylar agreed with him.

After he left, Mylar thought about what Mr Julian said and whispered to herself.

"Why does he need to ask Miss Emelda for permission?"

"I am now almost certain that something is going on between them. I should follow him and eavesdrop on their conversation." She said and she quickly went after Mr Julian.

Elio saw Mylar slowly following his dad and he wondered what she could be up to. He quickly went after her, when his dad walked into Miss Emelda's room, he called out to Mylar softly.

Startled, Mylar turned around quickly and heaved a sigh of relief when she saw who it was.

"What are you doing?" Elio asked softly.

"Elio, come. Don't ask any question, just be quiet and come with me." Mylar replied.

"Why are we whispering?" Elio asked.

"I said no questions." She said and dragged Elio with her to Miss Emelda's door and Mylar crouched down and placed her ear close to the door.

"Do you think I should let Mylar handle that?" Mr Julian asked.

"Yes of course you should." Miss Emelda replied.

"But don't you think she might find out everything about the....." Mr Julian was saying before Miss Emelda interrupted him.

"This is good, at least for me. The burden of taking care of Camila will be lifted from my shoulders and I will be free." She said to him with a smile. Mr Julian thought of it for a while and then agreed.

"You are right. Mylar being around has been helping us out a lot."

"How?" Miss Emelda asked and Mr Julian replied to her.

"Camilo rarely stays at home before, he's usually always at parties or somewhere else, and Elio, he's been staying at home these past few months instead of his condo."

"True that." Miss Emelda agreed.

"I should go and tell her that I have agreed to allow her to take care of Camila." He said and made his way to the door but before he could get to the door, Miss Emelda hugged him from behind. He turned towards her with a smile and gave her a tight hug.

"We should go before we get caught," Mylar whispered to Elio and they got up on their feet. They were still on the staircase when Mr Julian came out of the room.

Mylar saw him and quickly called out Elio's name.

"Elio, I want to talk to you about something important." She said and held his hands to drag him away with her.

"Elio, I didn't know that you were in this house." Mr Julian said aloud and they both stopped and turned around to face him.

"Don't you want me here?" Elio asked.

"Of course not, why won't I want my son around me." Mr Julian said quickly with a smile. He then turned towards Mylar and said.

"You have my permission to take care of Camila, good luck with it." Mylar thanked him.

"Thank you, sir. I will do a really good job."

Mr Julian smiled at Mylar and his son, then went on his way.

"Let's go somewhere and talk," Mylar said and Elio followed her to the study.

"Start explaining. Why were you spying on Miss Emelda and my dad?" Elio asked her as soon as they got there.

"I have a hunch," Mylar replied and went silent for a while before she spoke again.

"I think your dad is having an affair." Elio was shocked by this and he quickly asked.

"With whom?"

"Miss Emelda." Elio gasped upon hearing the name.

Why that jerk!!! Elio cursed under his breath.

"I am not so sure, I have no evidence but for the past few months I have been having sleepless nights, and each time I go around the house because of my lack of sleep, I can hear two people speaking in your dad's room," Mylar said to him, she knew Elio to be much more mature than Camilo in handling situations and so she was glad it was Elio who caught her spying.

"Do you think those voices are that of my dad and Miss Emelda?" Elio asked after some seconds of thinking.

"The male voice is certainly your dad's, the female's sounds like that of Miss Emelda," Mylar replied.

Ahhh!! Elio breathes out.

"If it does turn out to be that Julian Wylder, my dad is cheating on my sick mom with that disgusting woman, then I swear that I won't spare them both," Elio said with a fierce look on Elio's face.

A look Mylar had never seen on his face before, it felt strange to see him like that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHAPTER FIVE, HARD TIMES

Kogi Miss Independence set and ready to roll on October 1st(pics)